Green Standards is a specialized environmental firm that works with corporations and other large organizations to responsibly redistribute no-longer-needed surplus office furniture, equipment and supplies. They work with some of the largest companies in the world to recover value, benefit community organizations, and divert waste from office decommissions, storage and other corporate real-estate projects. To date, Green Standards have diverted 77,000+ tons of workplace furniture and equipment from landfill (a 98.6% diversion rate) and generated over $32M of in-kind donations to 5,000+ non-profits and communities globally. The EPA estimates 8.5 million tons of office furniture and equipment are sent to landfill each year in the US alone. By working with like minded organizations, we can keep these items in use and out of the landfill.
About Green Standards:
Green Standards provides businesses with a responsible, cost-effective way to redistribute surplus office furniture and equipment:
- Diverts on average 99% of materials from landfill
- Resale, recycling revenue employed to reduce hard costs
- Facilitates and manages tear-down, removal, delivery and logistics
- Detailed environmental reporting, LEED compatible
- Donations employed to drive positive PR, tax benefits